Terms & Conditions
1. General Terms and Conditions
By using the University of York Online Store you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Standard Terms and Conditions
The University may change these terms from time to time without notice. Changes will apply to any subsequent transactions with the University of York.
2. On-Line Payments
1. Please read these terms carefully before using the online payment facility. Using the online payment facility on this website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms do not use this facility. All payments are subject to the following conditions.
2. Your payment will normally reach the University bank account to which you are making a payment, the following working day.
3. We cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the correct University bank account due to you quoting an incorrect account number or incorrect personal details.
4. Neither can we accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the credit/debit card supplier for any reason.
5. If the card supplier declines payment, the University is under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. You should check with your bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from your account.
6. The data that you provide during this transaction is securely held by the University of York under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and will only be used for the purpose of recording your payment and order and accounting processes. Further details are given in our Privacy Statement at http://store.york.ac.uk/help/?HelpID=2.
7. In no event will the University be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
8. Refunds, if applicable, will only be made to the debit/credit card used for the original transaction.
3. Meals In Advance (MAD) Schemes
The scheme will operate in 2 catering venues as indicated below.
However, we reserve the right to reduce or increase the number of outlets dependent on the number of students who sign up to the schemes. We also reserve the right to substitute one outlet for another for either breakfast or dinner or both.
Any changes to published information will be provided when you collect your card.
Any changes during term time will be published:
a) On the University's York Extra information announcement system which ‘pops up' when you log on to your University networked computer and
b) On notices posted in the catering outlet.
Wherever practicable at least 5 days notice will be provided of any changes.
MAD cards must be presented at all meal times.
Meal allocations are fixed by time and to the venues outlined below.
The value of missed meals cannot be refunded or transferred.
Your MAD card value will expire as indicated below. Any unused value cannot be refunded.
The card cannot be used to purchase alcohol and tobacco or any items from our retail stores.
The value shown on the card cannot be exchanged for cash/change.
The cards remain the property of the University at all times.
Lost cards should be reported to our MAD card administrator Tel.(01904) 32(8413), email email@example.com who will block future use of the lost card.
Replacement cards will be issued at the last known balance (as per system records) and an administration fee of £5.00 charged for the new card.
The University will not be responsible for losses incurred on lost or stolen cards.
The University will retain any blocked cards.
The cards are non-transferable and can only be used by the registered cardholder.
Once you have subscribed to the scheme for the term you will not be able to opt out unless:
a) You decide to leave the university in which case any remaining balance on the card will be refunded less an administration charge of £10.00.
b) You are unable to take meals due to illness and can support your claim for a refund with a GP's letter in which case you will receive a refund for missed meals less an administration charge of £10.
Please present the card to a member of University staff if requested to do so.
The University shall not be held responsible, or deemed to be in breach of service by being unable to provide meal services in any catering outlet due to force majure or any other cause beyond the University's control. Under such circumstances lost meal values will not be refunded. Wherever practicable, meals will be provided in another unaffected outlet, however this cannot be guaranteed.
For further information please contact The University of York, Commercial Services (01904) 32 (8413) email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. University Merchandise
Images displayed are for guidance purposes only and may not portray an accurate copy of the final product.
All products are subject to availability, in the event that a product ordered is unavailable in the specified colour or size, the customer will be contacted for further information. If a suitable alternative cannot be arranged, a full refund will be supplied.
Please allow 28 days for delivery. Delivery charges are £4.95 anywhere in the UK and £19.95 overseas (worldwide).
On the rare occasion that an order is exceptionally bulky or weighty, we reserve the right to apply an additional delivery charge. The customer will be contacted in the event that this course of action is necessary.
Refunds or exchanges for non-faulty goods will only be accepted if returned unused and in the original packaging within 30 days of purchase. To arrange for the return of such goods please contact the Retail Administration team on;
5. Borthwick Publications - Document Copies
The vast majority of our archive documents are still in copyright. We are able to supply copies for study, provided the applicant can agree to the following Copyright Declaration:
I declare that where this material is in copyright that:
I understand that if this declaration is false, then I shall be liable for infringement of copyright as if I had made the copy myself.
Note that you must be requesting the copies for your own use, not on behalf of another person.
If you need to talk to someone about these terms and conditions, please contact the Borthwick's Office Manager on (01904) 321160 or email email@example.com, putting Copyright Enquiry in the subject line.
6. Conferences and Events
Payment and Confirmation. We accept the following payment methods:
If you choose to pay by invoice, you will still need to complete your registration form online up until the payment stage. This will produce a pending registration which once payment has been received will be confirmed.
A complete cancellation of your original booking will incur an administration fee of £25.00.